On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 17:11 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Please reply to the mailing list instead of sending private answers, and
> please consider marking quoted text as such (easier to read).

Argh, I'm sorry. So much for reading the recipients list correctly.

> On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 11:15 -0430, CAMACHO G. Lizzet J SIDOR wrote:
> > On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 09:25 -0430, CAMACHO G. Lizzet J SIDOR wrote:
> > > I work in a venezuelan company that just replaced Outlook mail client
> > > with Evolution 3.4.4. We're looking for a complement or plugin for
> > > Evolution, as sustitute of an Exchange/Outlook 2003 custom form, which
> > > allows the users to send a mail message with 2 primary attributes:
> > >
> > > * It allows the users to add response without modifying previous
> > > messages.
> >
> > What does that mean? Adding a comment locally, without sending a reply?
> > If so, that's currently not supported by Evolution.
> > Not sure what "modifying" previous messages means either, because
> > Evolution does not allow altering received messages.
> >
> > When the users are replying/forwarding a message, our Outlook custom form
> > doesn't allow the users to modify the text of the old messages inserted into
> > the new message.

I don't think that is possible (and I fail to see a valid usecase anyway
- the message text of the old message is already in the old message that
you could still save, so why care what the new message quotes).

> > > * It displays a custom made attribute with the information of the
> > > sequence of previous senders and dates, as you can see in the attach
> > > image (Audit trail).
> >
> > Isn't that what you have in the Message-ID, References, In-Reply-To
> > headers of every message anyway? Or is that locally stored information,
> > outside of the message?
> >
> > Certainly, the information is displayed in the header of every message.
> > But the custom field displays the summary sequence of thread messages's
> > headers
> > in one field, it's stored in the message.

You could probably display the headers more visibly by hacking the code,
but doesn't sound like a very common usecase either to me.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak...@gmx.net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/