On Sun, 2014-11-23 at 21:04 +0100, Ángel González wrote:
> Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After reading a mail using the preview window the message is displayed
> > as "read", i.e. with the colour "grey". But after a while (the next
> > "check for new messages"???) the message is displayed again as "unread",
> > i.e. with the colour "black".
> >
> > Does anyone recognise this? Is this a known feature a.k.a. bug? Is there
> > something I can do about this (very annoying) behaviour?
> >

> > I am using Evolution 3.12.7 on Debian Jessie and my IMAP e-mail server
> > is Dovecot. Note: Icedove (Thunderbird) does not exhibit this behaviour,
> > so I assume that Dovecot is not to blame).
> >
> > TIA
>
> Does it happen without user intervention? ie. you leave it selected and
> it unreads itself? Or do you perform actions in the middle such as
> browsing other folders?
>
> Please run with
>  CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution
> and check whether evolution is marking it as read on the server (or if
> for instance another program marked it as unread).
>
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging

I noticed the same exact issue in 3.12.7 though it appears to have been
fixed in 3.12.8, so far. The way it was acting though is I would mark
posts as read in my inbox, go to another folder to check it and come
back and some of the posts I'd marked as read were now un-read again.
I'm using a local IMAP setup with Courier IMAP.

Chris

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C