Hi Pete,

am 25.02.2015 um 10:37 schrieb Pete Biggs:
> [...]
>>> and GConf path /apps/evolution,
>> not found (only in /usr/share and many other "gconf"-files)
>
> It's a GConf path, not a filesystem path.
Solved that already with the help of Milan.

>>> Also, better to rename folders, than to delete, to not lose your data.
>> understood.
>> Anyway there still is the backup file.
>> I reckon this might do, if I could get Evolution into a clean run.
>
> Just on Monday I replied to one of your messages, which you ignored,
> telling you exactly what to do in order to clean out Evolution data.
Yes, and Milan answered, too, and I didn't know the difference between
the GConf path and a filesystem path.

As I said: I am a user.

> And if you do try and restore from a backup, please don't follow
> instructions on a random Ubuntu page.
Learned that already the hard way.

Best

-jj-
--
Betreuungsbüro Jörg Jenetzky
Postfach 500 640 * 22706 Hamburg

Telefon: 040 - 55 77 35 50
Telefax: 040 - 55 77 35 51
Bürozeiten MO, MI, FR, 10.00 - 14.00 Uhr

GPG-Fingerprint: AEE2 190E 31AD 3823 301A 9557 1111 04F8 31B5 BD1C