> > Evolution conforms to Gnome standards, because it's a Gnome
> > application.  Firefox/Thunderbird aren't Gnome applications - if they
> > were they should store their data according to Gnome guidelines.
>
> Ok, then?

Look, I'm not saying one way or the other is correct.  They are
different.  Evo conforms to certain standards as is necessary for it to
be a well behaved Gnome application. Plenty of other applications do
the same thing, just look in ~/.config - if anything TB & FF are the
exceptions.  (SSH is not a desktop application, so is not comparable.)

> From this info:
> https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html.en
> I understand want to copy this folder:
>
>     ~/.local/share/evolution
>     ~/.config/evolution
>     ~/.cache/evolution

No, don't copy .cache - it's a cache and contains throwaway data.

>     ~/.config/dconf (*)
> But into ~/.config/dconf are stored all DCONF setting of all other
> application, an in this case I want to copy only Evo settings, not
> the rest.

You don't want to copy dconf data using file copies unless you really
know what you are doing.

> Some can suggest how to do a full restore of Evo settings and data
> from a backup to a new PC?

Create a new temporary Linux account. Restore your home directory to
that, run Evolution and create a backup and save the file somewhere. De
lete the temporary account.  Restore the backup to your own account
within Evolution.

P.