> I need any method to query Evolution data.

There's a whole API for accessing Evolution data - you need to look for
info on "evolution-data-server" - for 3.16 you'll find info here

  https://developer.gnome.org/eds/3.16/

To be honest this sort of question is probably more suited for the
Evolution-hackers list.

> I assume that using the Evolution 3.x series,

"3.x" is not a narrow enough specification. There were lots of changes
within 3.x, including API and data storage locations.

>  I happen to find the
> calendar data in ~/.local/share/evolution/calendar/system ?
> Is the calendar.ics file all that's containing data ?

Not if the source is remote.  Using EDS has the advantage that it is
source agnostic.

> Is here anyone aware of a method to query the calendar data for some
> kind of result to 'select all entries where category=studienkreis' or
> 'select all entries where summary contains / is like "thisname"' ?

Not only can you use the EDS API directly, but EDS is a DBUS client, so
you should be able to get calendar information that way as well. That
is after all how the Gnome calendar app gets its data.

> It needs to be run on more than 1 PC, so please don't ask for Evolution
> version, there are many from 3.2 to 3.actual I guess.

But that is a problem - you will need to tailor things to a specific
version: Evolution evolves all the time with the storage locations and
APIs changing significantly.

P.