Am Sonntag, den 08.11.2015, 22:58 +0100 schrieb Gour:
> Hello,
>
> some days ago I fully switched from Claws to Evolution, mostly due to
> ability to sync my contacts & calendars with my phone (via ownCloud) and
> I'm very pleased with result.
>
> However, there is one remaining issue and that are tasks which I'd like
> to integrate as well since atm I use cli app called Taskwarrior for
> which there is no stable syncing client.
>
> Evolution's tasks part is not so strong as Taskwarrior's, but I'm
> somewhat disappointed with the lack of ability to create recurring
> tasks.
>
> By inspecting Bugzilla I've found: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.c
> gi?id=200907 which is almost 15 yrs old. :-(
>
> It's hard to believe that such basic things are missing...
>
> I've tried to install KDE on openSUSE (under vbox), but Evolution/GNOME
> is simply much better/nicer, so I wonder what more experienced users do
> as workaround in regard?
>
> I hope it's clear that recurring tasks are often present in daily life
> (eg. paying monthly bills, doing regular backups etc.), while taking
> advantage of appointments which has ability to recur seems ugly
> workaround which would clutter my calendars with things which does not
> belong to them.
>
> Any hints to workaround in order to stay with GNOME/Evolution?
>

> Sincerely,
> Gour

Well, I just reschedule the existing task, once I mark the current
instance as completed. I put some information in the task description
how long the interval until the next due date should be set.
You can copy tasks around via drag&drop, thereby keeping a copy of past
completions.

Hope that helps,

--
thomas