Apart from Evolution, you can use DavMail (Java based at
http://davmail.sourceforge.net/) which translates Exchange into standard
protocols for use with standard clients imap/ldap/etc. I use both Evo
and Dav depending on the computer I am at (windows/mac/linux/guest
machine/home machine/etc.).

-e

On 12/14/15 12:03, Martin Dietze wrote:
> On 14 December 2015 at 17:52, Patrick O'Callaghan <p...@usb.ve> wrote:
>>
>> Your mail to this list does have the From: header, so it would seem
>
> Yes, but this is my private email address using google mail's web interface.
>
>> that the problem is in the EWS server. Some things you could try:
>>
>>   * Use an independent account (preferably on an IMAP or POP server) and
>>     see what happens.
>
> Tried local delivery through sendmail. In that case the sender
> displays just fine.
>
>>   * Try a different email client.
>
> Won't do, since there's no alternative to Evolution when working with
> an Exchange server.
>
>>   * Temporarily configure your Sent Messages to a local folder and see
>>     if the header is present in the copies of sent mail.
>
> I copied some mails to a local folder in mbox format. The "From:"
> field is empty, too.
>
> That supports the assumption that something in the combination
> Evolution/Exchange does not work
>
> Problem is that - as usual in such cases - I'm working in a
> Windows-centric environment where there is no support to be expected
> for my not using Outlook.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Martin

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and
confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or
urgent health care matters.