On Sun, 2016-01-24 at 12:34 -0500, Nick Pontillo wrote:
> *Forums are better than IRC and mailing lists because people don't
> have to sign up to look at them*, therefore if someone is having a
> problem they can look on the forum for solutions. Right now there is
> no central place on the web where people can go to look for help and
> tips with Evolution - unless they set up IRC, sign up to the mailing
> list, or to the Gnome wiki.

You might prefer forums, that's ok, but your claim that users need to be
subscribe to read the Wiki or the Evolution mailing list is wrong. I
dislike forums and IRC, but I like Wikis and mailing lists. Anyway,
to read a Wiki or the Evolution mailing list archive(s), there's no need
to be subscribed. IOW regarding this, there's no difference to a forum.

You do not need to be subscribe to read the Evolution mailing list
archive(s):

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.evolution.general

You do not need to be subscribed to read the Wiki:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/

Evolution provides a menu called "Help", resp. just push the "F1" key.

There's also no need to be subscribed to the bug tracker to read
reported bugs.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__all__&content=evolut
ion&no_redirect=1&order=Importance&product=evolution&query_format=specif
ic

Regards,
Ralf