On Sun, 2016-01-31 at 15:27 +0200, Mark Elkins wrote:
> I'm afraid I've just jumped ship on my main LapTop to Thunderbird.
> Evolution is though still on a number of my other devices.
>
> The primary reason is that I am getting a fair number of messages in
> French and my French is not good. Up until now, I have been
> copy'n'pasting the messages into translate.google.com - which is a
> bit
> clumsy and means changing screens - etc. Now, I highlight the French
> Text and click translate. This saves me time.

Sounds like a bug in your installation, but since you don't mention
your version of Evolution nor the distro you're using, there's nothing
anyone can do about it.

> Another nifty feature I've discovered is that the Filters allow one
> not just to put messages into Folders (looking for the List-ID was a
> pain - Thunderbird does not inherently seem to know what a Mailing
> List is) but automatically forwarding some "filtered" messages to
> others - very useful feature.

I don't understand. Feel free to elaborate, preferably as a Request For
Enhancement to Bugzilla (remembering to copy the ID here in case anyone
else wants to comment).

poc