On Fri, 05 Feb 2016 12:50:04 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>On Fri, 2016-02-05 at 07:24 +0100, Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
>> I get how to add my own GPG ID, my public key, but how do I add other
>> people's public keys - which I need to send them encrypted letters,
>> yes?
>> Sorry, I'm really new to this, both Linux, GNOME, Trisquel and GPG.
>> Please, I would love a little help.
>
>You import them from a key server, using their ID to look them up (the
>ID is usually their email address). See the man page for gpg to see how
>to do this directly. Popular key servers are pgp.mit.edu and
>keys.gpg.org among others. The key servers keep themselves in sync so
>it doesn't really matter which one you use. You can also visit those
>sites with a web browser and look up the keys directly.

I didn't follow this thread, just read this mail, my apologies assumed
it was mentioned before.

You could add an alias to your ~/.bashrc, so you only need to run

  gkey some_id

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ grep gkey ~/.bashrc
alias gkey='gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.uni-mainz.de --recv-keys'

You could name the alias whatever you want, instead of "gkey".

AFAIK it's also possible to retrieve keys automatically, but I would
avoid doing this, since this is considered risky. You could add the
following without the leading "#" to your ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ grep auto ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf
# keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

Above this line a linen with a keyserver is required, e.g.

keyserver hkp://pgp.uni-mainz.de

Regards,
Ralf