On Wed, 2016-05-11 at 17:31 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-05-11 at 16:18 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >
> > It would be helpful to have an architecture document where this
> > kind
> > of thing is specified, along the lines of what used to be called
> > "Principles of Operation". The recent question about filters would
> > also be suitable for such a document. Perhaps something in the form
> > of a Wiki so others could add material at will. Just a thought (I
> > don't really know what we'd be letting ourselves in for :-)
>       Hi,
> it can be one of the sub-pages of
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution

That makes sense. I note that virtually everything there (aside from
the Evo manual) is API documentation, which is all well and good but
not really what I meant. For example there's a lot about Camel
interfaces but nothing that describes what Camel is (saying it's a
library doesn't count) or whether one should care.

> but as I'm bad in the document writing, I'd rather not doing it
> myself. :)

As so often happens, the people most qualified to describe the code are
the people who are too busy writing it.

poc