On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 8:07 PM, bg <b...@fdi.us> wrote:
>> I find those preceeding "--" before signatures in e-mails very
>> disturbing.
I agree with this.

> bg:
>
> Then you are not thinking it completely through. Surely it cannot have escaped
> you that that artifact appears ahead of the sig block for a reason. Very
> likely a
> reason that does a service for a great many users of the software. Your
> request
> to eliminate it is therefore profoundly self-centered and thus wholly
> undeserving
> of consideration.

This looks like the "html is unnecessary in emails" discussion.

For sure there's a good reason why it exists, but that reason does not
seem to be valid in business world usage of email. In business world,
I get 40k emails a year on average, and never seen it.

If Evolution encourages usage in corporate world with MS Exchange
servers and the colleagues using Outlook, then we need to play with
the rules of Outlook. Outlook do not have such preceeding "--".

My two cents...

Thanks,
Emre