On Sat, 2016-07-30 at 17:03 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > Please provide a stack trace of the crash with debug symbols (see
> > https://wiki.gnome.org/Community/GettingInTouch/Bugzilla/GettingTra
> > ces ;
> > ) and attach it to a bug report at
> > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution
> This is easier written than done since:
>    1. I have to download debugging symbols, about 3.5 Gb of them.
>       Fortunately, the system has a fairly large (96 Gb) root

>       partition.

Perhaps; but a backtrace is the answer, it will indicate where the
crash occurs.

Most distributions have a pattern for downloading required debug
systems.

>    2. The standard reporting tool, abrt, refuses to report the error,
>       since evolution "has locked memory which usually indicates

>       efforts to protect sensitive data (passwords) from being

>       written to disk."

This message appears because it is true/accurate.

--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010