On Sun, 2017-10-22 at 12:49 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
> links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
> content is safe.

> > > Use "Plain Text" - the offending words can easily be deleted then. It
> > > has the added benefit of you not sending things as HTML email. :-)
> >
> > Sure, you just tell the rest of the world not to send me HTML emails :)
>
> My reply was a bit flippant, however this is nothing to do with what
> people send you, it's what you send out. (There is nothing wrong with
> sending plain text emails, and most recipients won't notice any
> difference. The only issue is if the email contains rich-text
> formatting you need to retain in your replies.)

So was mine, apologies. I known I can reformat my replies into plain text and
do so from time to time. This has the unfortunate side effect of confusing some
recipients so I appreciate I can answer in HTML too.

> Actually, a more serious answer.  If you highlight text before pressing
> reply, only the highlighted text will be included in your reply. So
> highlight everything except the yellow box and it should be removed.

Yes I have noticed this too, just tried this and it worked too :)
Although for long mails this is somewhat suboptimal.