On Sat, 2017-12-23 at 16:26 +1300, M wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-12-23 at 03:02 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > PS:
> >
> > JFTR you also could add search folders to your folder tree and apart
> > from all that kind of filtering, it's helpful to use several folders, to
> > filter incoming and outgoing mails in the first place, before selecting
> > a sort order or using search folders.
>

> So.. Evolution still can't do something as basic as sort by unread
> first, date second?

No, Evo is too basic to support such advanced features, I am afraid.

It supports "sort by, then sort by" in the message list pane:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-sorting-message-list.html
It supports having an "unread" search folder, even across all folders:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-search-folders.html
It supports using the space bar to read unread mail across folders:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-reading-keyboard-shortcuts.html#unread-across-folders

But I guess all those are just "workarounds", by your definition.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak...@gmx.net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/