Just today, for no obvious reason, Evolution stopped showing the
unread incoming messages. It shows the number of unread messages, but
they are not included in the message list. If I right click on the
Inbox folder and choose "Mark all messages as read" then the new
messages appear in the message list as unread messages. I did not
notice any Evolution-related updates in the set of updates I installed
this morning.

I'm running Evolution 3.26.2-1 on Debian Testing, with all updates
applied.