> But what drives me since some years now is, where does evolution get
> the calendar names from - if I look at "https://calendar.google.com";
> my
> calendar name is something different than that which evolution does
> display.
> The calendar in question displays as:
> "Torsten Krah"
> in the google settings of that calendar.
> But evolution does show:
> "an-old-em...@adress.of-me.local"

My **guess** is, that since this uses CalDAV, that this is the
principal name of, or related to, the Calendar.  I've seen this kind of
thing with different servers.

> How does evolution figure out the names to display? And is there some
> function or API I can use to change that? Or maybe some hidden place
> on the google site where I may find that old name.

Do you have that old e-mail address associated with your gmail account?

I know nothing about gmail specifically.
--
Meetings Coordinator, Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers
537 Shirley St NE Grand Rapids, MI 49503-1754 Phone: 616.581.8010