On Mon, 2018-12-24 at 08:40 +1100, Paul W Parker via evolution-list
wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 17:59 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 17:50 +0100, Bjoern Schiessle wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > it happens regularly that I want to refer to a email in my notes,
> > > a text document, etc. Is there a way to generate a "link" to a
> > > mail in Evolution which I could copy over to my notes, which
> > > again opens Evolution and jumps directly to the mail on click?
> > Not from within Evolution.
> > As not doing this frequently, found using PRINT to PDF works
> > ok,  with the PDF able to be linked.

Evolution will also allow you to drag-n-drop a message to the desktop,
producing a PDF.  In combination with GVFS and something like a WebDAV
server this is very useful for archiving related messages.

While the Message-ID is a **theoretically** unique ID for the message
there is not anyway to IMAP://{message-id} in a cross-platform way.  If
you control the server something like this is easy to build - but it
will be unique to your configuration.
--
Executive Committee Vice-Chair
Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers