On Sat, 2019-05-25 at 16:10 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Sat, 2019-05-25 at 06:45 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > How can I suppress tool tips in evolution? Preferably for evolution
> > only and not for other applications.
>
> Tooltips are provided by the GTK3 library used by Evolution.
> Any behavior is defined by GTK3 and not by the application itself.

Yuck!  Tooltips are very useful for applications that I don't know but
are a distracting impediment for applications that I do know.
Therefore I need a way to enable/disable tips for each application.

My next project: Enter this as a needed feature in the Gnome Bugzilla
and maybe even look at the Evolution code.

However, thanks for the info.