On 2020-01-07 at 08:05 -0500, Joe Wade Pulley wrote:
> Thanks for figuring out the problem, but the sed command doesn't work
> for me.
>
> I don't have anything with a .evolution in its name.
>

> Inside cur/ is a file
> 1578136602.6469_0.<my computer name>:2,S

Sorry, I didn't realize that such 'evolution' was my local hostname.

> If I apply your sed command to that file it does indeed fix it, but I'm
> not familiar enough with sed to know how to make it find all the
> occurrences in each folder recursively in
> ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/
> in each email and apply the fix.
>
> Did I do something incorrectly when I set up evolution that gave me
> this file structure instead of what you expected?

No. Your setup right. I just made the matching too strict.

The command should be relatively safe, but I still didn't want to make
that to too broad.

You could apply it to all emails inside
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/ with the command:

find ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/ -type f -name \*:2,\* -exec sed -i
'0,/^$/ { s!^Content-Type: multipart/alternate!Content-Type:
multipart/alternative! }' \{\} +

If you imported your pst into a specific route, you don't need to search
on the whole ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/

The sed is simply looking at the headers of each mail and replacing
multipart/alternate into multipart/alternative in the Content-Type:
header.

Best regards