> In Scientific Linux 6.10, the version of Evolution is 2.32.3.
>
> Sending a message using Evolution occasionally produces a message such
> as
>
>         550 DMARC Sender Invalid - envelope rejected
>
> or
>
>         550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from ... is not accepted
>         due to 550-5.7.26 domain's DMARC policy.

Are you using a username & password to send through the SMTP server?

Is there any consistent factor in when the error occurs?

> The people who manage the smtp server insist the problem is emanating
> from my computer, not their server.  Sometimes the message mentions my
> computer, not the institutional smtp server.  My "sending" tab in
> Evolution settings specifies the institutional smtp server, not my
> computer.
>
> Is this problem known?

I have plenty of people using CentOS6 without any issues.

> Can I get binaries to install Evolution 3.34 in /home/opt on my computer
> (I'm allowed to own that directory)?  I downloaded sources and tried to
> build it, but got another "You Idiot! You have an antique operating
> system!" message:
>
>         CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:3 (cmake_minimum_required):
>           CMake 3.1 or higher is required.  You are running version
>         2.8.12.2
>
> I tried to install cmake, but it wants a newer gettext than the
> installed one, ....

Evolution 3.x needs the Gnome3 libraries - CentOS/SL/RHEL6 comes with
Gnome2.  You will need to recompile much of the Gnome infrastructure to
get the necessary libraries on your system.  It's not a 5 minute task
and I'm not sure it's even possible to get a functioning system without
root access.  RHEL6 doesn't have flatpack support so you can't even go
down that route.

I suspect your best bet is to ask if you can be upgraded to SL7 or
CentOS8

P.