On Sat, 2020-02-29 at 17:07 -0500, Paulo Cesar G. Costa wrote:
> My guess is that there has to be an index or something similar that
> links the signatures in this folder to the ones you see in
> evolution's Signature tabs under Composer Preferences
> (edit>Preferences)

        Hi,
that's correct, there are files in ~/.config/evolution/sources/
referencing those in ~/.config/evolution/signatures/. Copy also the
related .source files and you'll see the signatures too. This may or
may not need a restart of the background processes to take effect (like
using 'evolution --force-shutdown').

> is there another way of importing signatures?

I'm not aware of any GUI or command line tool working with signatures
only. The Backup/Restore Evolution Data saves a lot more data than just
signatures.
        Bye,
        Milan