On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 13:36 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-07-16 at 11:59 +0200, Jerome Lille wrote:
> > It is impossible to connect to a onion-address? I mean for calendar
> > and contacts?
>
>       Hi,
> you do not need to resend the question, (I guess) people would answer
> if they know the answer, or even when they notice the question at all
> (you resent it less than 24 hours after the initial question, which
> is
> in hurry, especially when it comes to the mailing list questions).
>
> For me personally, I've no idea what the onion-address means at all.
> I'd suggest to use a proxy, a tunnel or some such thing, if it can
> connect to the onion-address with no problem.

Sorry for not explaining better. A .onion top level domain is a special
TLD used for addressing hidden services in the tor network. It was
reserved for that purpose by the IETF in 2015
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7686

I already have a proxy/tor-relay on my laptop. It runs on
localhost:9050. For example I have configured the Nextcloud desktop
client to use that proxy to connect to my Nextcloud server.

But I don't know how to do the same with Evolution.

/Jerome