On Tue, 2020-10-27 at 10:36 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
> On 10/27/2020 10:29 AM, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> > That feels like a lot of mails, or just few movies as attachments (just
> > kidding). Do you know how many mails this is? My largest IMAP account
> > has 498.162 messages at the moment, which is surely less than that
> > yours. I do not download all of the history locally, only the last
> > month is stored for the offline use, and even that not in all folders.
>
> I cannot speak for him but I saw he was using Gmail. Their IMAP system
> duplicates messages and if you have a large number of folders, some of
> which include the same messages plus "All Mail", you can easily end up
> with a 5 or 6 times multiplier on message size.

I use Gmail via IMAP and although what you say is true, I haven't
noticed any real-world impact. The vast majority of messages have only
one label (i.e. are in only one IMAP folder) and I don't download All
Mail anyway (in fact I don't sync locally at all). You can even
unsubscribe it if you like.

poc