On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 16:38 +0000, Douglas Summers via evolution-list wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 10:33 -0600, Anonymous Japhering via evolution-
> list wrote:
> > Evolution 3.38.2 (flatpak gite1b0310)
> >
> > Distributor ID: LinuxMint
> > Release: 19.3
> > Codename: tricia
> >
> > Linux  5.4.0-52-generic #57~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP
> >
> > At the present time,  if Evolution stops for any reason ( I quit out
> > or it crashes), when it restarts it does NOT see any
> > configured accounts ( which is a pain as have 5 accounts currently
> > configured).
> >
> > If I manually add the accounts back in.. everything works until the
> > next exit.  This includes configured signatures being
> > available to assign to accounts ( no need to recreate ).
> >
> > At the point that Evolution starts up,  the console does NOT show any
> > errors.
> >
> > Give that I've been running Evolution on the same machine under the
> > same id  for many years,  I'm wondering if I've
> > got some accumulated garbage that is breaking things ..  open to any
> > other ideas as well.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Try running 'flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution' before restarting
> Evolution, just to make sure all of its processes are closed.

Typically, do

flatpak ps
flatpak kill org.gnome.Evolution
flatpak run org.gnome.Evolution

With either  a pgrep -l evoltution of a   ps -aef | egrep 'evolution|flatpak"
in between.

Just as another data point, I did an Evolution backup which closes and restarts
Evolution.  Interesting thing happened, Evolution restarted with all accounts
intact.  So what is the difference between Evolution doing a restart and my
doing  File->Quit  followed by a flatpak shutown and restart ?