On Sun, 2020-12-13 at 21:16 -0500, Peter Franzek via evolution-list wrote:

> To resolve the issue, I had to first import the certificate into MS
> Outlook, then export it from Outlook in a different format, before
> Evolution would accept it. I believe the original certificate file was
> a ".pfx" format, and the exported format was ".pem".
>
> No error is produced by Evolution because the failure occurs in an
> included library, and that library is not publishing any details.
>
> I hope this helps you find a solution.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter
>
> On Sun, 2020-12-13 at 14:06 +0000, Bryan Everly wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I purchased an individual S/MIME certificate from Comodo (it appears
> > to have been fulfilled by Sectigo) and was able to use it
> > successfully in Outlook on Windows 10.  I'm trying to import it into
> > Evolution and I successfully select it, then am prompted for the
> > password (there is none) and then I get no error but the certificate
> > does not show up on the list on screen.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.

Hello all!

Maybe this might help too?
No need to go through Outlook I think.

https://knowledge.digicert.com/solution/SO26449.html

--
Sorin Srbu | Drifttekniker
KI Universitetsbibliotek (UBIT) | Karolinska Institutet

# Find my OpenPGP public key here:
# https://www.srbu.se/nextcloud/index.php/s/nts7aNgkMrfJJEd
#
# o<  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
#
# Your possibly offensive MOTD, courtesy of Ubuntu:

Real Users never use the Help key.