On Fri, 2021-01-15 at 08:48 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> On Thu, 2021-01-14 at 18:20 -0600, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> > How do I reenable gnome keyring and whats the next step?
>
>       Hi,
> restart the machine and it'll start as usual.
>
> I mentioned it several times here and you seem to not care of it, but
> do use seahorse application to check what the keyring looks like
> (locked/unlocked and so on). It also may start the
> gnome-keyring-daemon.
>
> You did not mention how you start the gnome-keyring-daemon after
> login.
> Does it do that on its own, or you've a special autostart file for
> it,
> or...? You can have a very lame autostarter, which is far from being
> secure, when you start the keyring and unlock it by some "password"
> like this:
>
>    $ echo password | gnome-keyring-daemon --login --daemonize
>
> which some desktops can do for you after login, but that yours
> doesn't
> seem to do it or you restart the keyring daemon later after login.
>       Bye,
>       Milan

Well things have taken a different spin now...

I had to nuke and pave my computer ( reformat my computer ) due to YAST
getting messed up from changing DE's,  and I reinstalled Open SUSE with
just LXQT on here.

And now when I open Evolution I see this error message in the terminal:

(evolution:1590): e-data-server-ui-WARNING **: 10:40:33.428:
credentials_prompter_store_credentials_cb: Failed to store source
credentials: No such interface “org.freedesktop.Secret.Collection” on
object at path /org/freedesktop/secrets/collection/login

I am guessing that means seahorse or gnome keyring is not installed and
so it has no where to store the password?

Chris
--
Thanks,
Chris