On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 16:00 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:

> Peter, does "Help 🡒 Contents 🡒 Sorting and organizing
>  mail 🡒 Sorting the mail folder list" help (if you run Evolution
> 3.42)?
> In the most recent version it says that you can change the sort order
> of folders under "Folder 🡒 Edit Sort Order…".

For the win!

> > Easy. Just make all your special folder subordinate to Inbox.
> Larry, that does not answer the question how to move Sent and Trash
> to the top of the list (plus "easy" often isn't that easy; for
> example this might not be about "On This Computer" but about a remote
> (IMAP) GMail account with virtual subfolders provided by GMail).

Agreed. I run with all but one of my special folders unexpanded, so I
see all my folders, including the system-supplied ones. The one folder
I leave expanded is the first one subordinate to Inbox, and it contains
my most-accessed subfolders. I tend to forget that not everyone runs
Evolution the same way I do. So, for example, it never occurred to me
that someone would want any of the system-supplied folders, except
Inbox, to appear at the top of the list.