Hi,

On Tue, 2021-11-02 at 20:10 +0000, Christopher Marlow wrote:
> I have a need to set up some filters:
>
> Before you say RTFM and go to the help menu just read the situation
> below:
>
>  I am kinda perplexed and I have been playing with filters all
> afternoon to try to see if I can get them to work right.
>
> The situation is like this:
>
> I use Protonmail for my domain.

That doesn't tell us much. Is this a POP or an IMAP account?

> We only get 5 gigs of storage, So I am
> trying to move the emails off of the server and to the local Evolution
> folders
>
> I am needing filters like:
>
> Account: DOMAIN or should it be set on ANY ACCOUNT?

Depends if you want to the filter to be applied on a single email
account of yours, or not. Up to your needs.

> If RECIPIENT is evolution-list@gnome.org
>
> Then move to " Evolution List >> Local folders on this computer"
>
> Or
>
> m...@protonmail.com move to INBOX ON LOCAL FOLDERS
>
> Or
>
> montlyb...@company.com move to BILLS ON LOCAL FOLDERS
>

> Or should the filters be set up like:
> If RECIPIENT is ch...@cwm030.com
>
> And
>
> Sender is monthlyb...@company.com
>
> Then move to BILLS ON LOCAL FOLDERS ?

It's up to you and your needs. Whatever makes sense to you.

> Most of the time I have to highlight all the emails and go Ctrl + Y
> because they're not sorted when the Proton account checks for emails

If it's an IMAP account, make sure to enable "
Edit 🡒 Preferences 🡒 Mail Accounts 🡒 Receiving Options 🡒 Options 🡒
Apply filters to new messages in Inbox on this server"

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak...@gmx.net