On Tue, 2021-12-14 at 12:27 -0700, Tim Folger via evolution-list wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2021, at 5:36 AM, theapple...@differentmail.com wrote:
> > >
> > Open config window in Firefox: about:config
> > there find: browser.tabs.loadDivertedInBackground
> > and change to True
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion, Dan. Unfortunately it didn't work for me.
> > When I click on a link in Evolution the focus still immediately
> > shifts to Firefox, even if Firefox is in a different workspace.

It only works, if Firefox is already running.

To workaround window issues scripts using the command wmctrl and the
command xdotool are usually helpful. However, in this case a mailer
providing an option to chose the external browser or script would be
helpful. I don't know if Evolution has got such an option or if it does
run the default browser.