This worked fine when I used the flatpak install of evolution, but flatpak
had issues with local Linux mail, so removed flatpak and installed native
Debian evolution. Now after configuring the yahoo email account, evolution
continually displays popup for 'Mail authentication request'

I have both typed, very carefully, and cut/paste password from password
manager numerous times, and this authentication challenge is not satisfied.
Every couple of seconds it reappears.

Every fifth or so popup, the messages changes from:
'Please enter the password for account "xx...@yahoo.com".'
to:
'Please enter the password for account "xx...@yahoo.com : xx...@yahoo.com".
(host:imap.mail.yahoo.com)'

I have the 'Check for new messages every N minutes' set to 60

After a period of time, apprx 3 minutes, of attempting to satisfy the
authentication popups, Evolution displays error of:

'Error while Retrieving folder list for "xx...@yahoo.com". Could not
connect to imap.mail.yahoo.com: Connection timed out'

Linux Dist: Debian Buster (10.11)
Evolution Version: 3.30.5-1.1  (Flatpak version of Evolution was the same)

When I added yahoo email account, I selected:
 'Look up mail server details based on the entered e-mail address'

and evolution populated the following:

*Recieving*
Server Type: imapx
Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com:993
Username: xx...@yahoo.com
Security: TLS
Encryption method: TLS on a dedicated port
Authentication: Password

*Sending*
Server Type: smtp
Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com:465
Username: x...@yahoo.com
Security: TLS
Encryption method: TLS on a dedicated port
Authentication: Login

I confirmed at Yahoo, that the Receiving and Sending server/port are
correct.

I tried both selecting and deselecting:
  'Add Yahoo! Calendar and Tasks to this account'

no difference.

I went into 'Edit' properties on this yahoo email account within evolution,
under 'Receiving Email' and tried changing 'Encryption method:' from 'TLS
on a dedicated port' to 'STARTTLS after connecting' and 'No encryption'.
Neither of these attempts solved the issue