On Mon, 2022-05-16 at 12:16 +0100, WowSt via evolution-list wrote:
> Does anybody know how to change the default page background colour?
> (for new HTML messages).

        Hi,
there is no such option, the closest is an option to inherit colors
from the theme, but it's not what you want.

Maybe create a template with preselected things.

Or you can create a composer plugin, which will set the colors for you.
A little description about that is here:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Extensions#Preview_and_WebKit_Editor_plugins

I'd set the color on the `body` element, just as the page properties do
it (setting attributes: text="navy" bgcolor="orange"), though I see it
causes a weird margin around the body, which can be considered a bug.
Feel free to file a bug about the margin against Evolution, if needed.

My personal opinion on the subject: forcing colors is not a good idea.
What you can consider as being easy to read can work for you, but not
for the recipients. I recall I received a message with blue text color,
or some such, which was quite hard to read for me. Just saying, I do
not want to start any flame war here. The options are there to satisfy
different use cases.

        Bye,
        Milan