On Wed, 2022-06-08 at 10:29 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2022-06-07 at 21:04 -0500, Tim McConnell via evolution-list
> wrote:
> > Sorry, I forgot the important stuff, I'm on Evolution 3.44.1-2  As
> > of
> > this morning it's now 3.44.2-1 and Gnome was updated as well. I'm
> > waiting to see if that did the trick or not. Here's the rest of the
> > Info:
> > > OS: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid x86_64
> > > Host: MS-7721 9.0
> > > Kernel: 5.17.0-1-rt-amd64
> > > Shell: bash 5.1.16
> > > DE: GNOME 42.1
> > > WM: Mutter
> > > WM Theme: Adwaita
> > > Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
> > > Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
> > > Terminal: kgx
> > > CPU: AMD A6-7400K Radeon R5 2C+4G (2) @ 4.092GHz
> > > GPU: AMD ATI Radeon R5 Graphics
> > > Memory: 2226MiB / 6972MiB
> > > WebKitGTK: 2.36.3-1
>
> Am I right in interpreting this that you have 2Gb of memory and 6Gb
> of
> swap?  If so, then you need to look at the memory usage of your
> various
> programs - Evolution on my system is using 1.6Gb at the moment and
> I'm
> not even looking at particularly large emails. My whole system is
> using
> 8Gb of my 16Gb and that's just "normal" desktop stuff.  It may be
> that
> your high CPU usage is the system trying to cope with low memory and
> large emails.
>
> P.

Hi Pete.
No that is not correct. I have 8GB of Memory and 16GB of swap.
And the upgrade didn't help much. It still causes High CPU usage and
was acting weird this morning. (there's screenshots in a different
email that is waiting for  approval).
After about 4 hours CPU usage is back to normal, but my filters quit
working.