Greetings!

        Thanks for the replies.

        Also, I appreciate the discussion but it has gone off on a tangent. How
can I convince Evolution that I want it to use gmail with POP?

On Mon, 2022-08-15 at 17:50 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
> On Mon, 2022-08-15 at 17:24 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>
> It may well be that it is a work account that uses gmail.  But I think
> it's naive to think that using POP to remove the mail from Google means
> that Google will forget about the content or that they hadn't already
> got tons of info from it before you even saw it in your Inbox.

        That's exactly my case. I'm using this particular account because I
have no choice on the matter.

        Also, I _know_ they are probably monitoring my incoming mail anyway;
but at least this way I can use another SMTP server so my outgoing traffic
doesn't go through their servers.

> I totally understand a desire for privacy and keeping data away from
> the likes of Google, bit I think using POP for this reason brings
> horses and stable doors to mind.

        I'm not sure I understand the allegory; but I'd rather not stay
connected to a server to access my email. Having it stored locally and only
connect to a server to send or receive fits my workflow better.

Cheers,
Francisco