On Tue, 2022-08-30 at 11:51 -0500, c. marlow wrote:

> SEVERELY DISAGREE... I'd go back to Claws if the backup / restore
> feature was removed from Evo.
>
> Even though I fully use IMAP now with Fastmail, I still use the
> Backup / Restore feature to restore the years of emails I have stored
> under " Saved on this computer" I think is what it says..  Also,  the
> backup and restore feature, restores not only my email but my account
> information too, to where when the restore is done, all I have to do
> is input my passwords and boom! I am back up and running in like 10
> sec.

I also appreciate this functionality.  I run the backup function
infrequently, and have used it to restore stuff to a new computer after
having backed up on the old one.  Seemed like it worked as I expected
based on the names of the menu items.  Found it handy to have something
that backs up what's needed while likely not including any recreatable
cache files.

--
Robert McDonald