On Sun, 2022-10-23 at 08:59 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
> By closing individual mailman mailing lists and replacing it with a
> single forum, everything is under control of a single authority.

Rest assured that the mailing lists hosted on mail.gnome.org are
technically also "under control of a single authority" - the same one.

> There even isn't the need to moderate or ban users with unwanted opinions,
> since the users are educated by levels, badges and presents.

That's neither logical nor based on a correct assumption. It's not
about "banning users with unwanted opinions" but about Code of Conduct.

> IOW all users are under general suspicion to express unwanted
> opinions, hence everybody is moderated by a credit system. This
> Chinese alike approach has nothing to do with the "libre" in FLOSS.

I retroactively apologize that we had a Points system in GNOME Bugzilla
(before GitLab) which gave an impression how experienced and active a
user is. Must have been pretty horrible if I understand you correctly.

> There are valid reasons to moderate or ban a user, but usually such a
> user is barred by an individual part of a project, not by the whole
> universe and before it happens a user must have expressed something that
> is unwanted.

We also ban users in GNOME GitLab etc if they violate the GNOME Code of
Conduct. There are many universes out there, nothing new.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak...@gmx.net