On Sat, 2022-11-19 at 18:14 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
> On Fri, 2022-11-18 at 20:43 -0500, Adam Stein via evolution-list
> wrote:
> >         The reported error was “2000008;reason="The V1AppActAs
> > token
> > doesn't contain the permissions required by the target
> > API.";error_category="invalid_grant"”.
>
>         Hi,
> it's very confusing, to say the least. I face it too, but not
> consistently and not on all instances, which is very odd.
>
> When you follow the Help link in the account Properties->Receiving
> Email tab, then it'll bring you into a Wiki page with a list of three
> applications IDs:
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/EWS/OAuth2#Available_application_ID
>
> Try to change the application ID, it can help, though it's tricky to
> propagate it everywhere. First close Evolution, then open `seahorse`
> and delete passwords with name "Office365[u...@email.com]", if any,
> which correspond to the OAuth2 credentials. Then restart background
> processes with a command in a terminal:
>
>    evolution --force-shutdown
>
> The interesting thing about this is that the server rejects the
> OAuth2
> process after providing credentials, aka after being logged in to the
> server. It's supposed to ask for the confirmation whether the user
> trusts the applicatio. It seems to me like the server remembers the
> machine/user already accepted the OAuth2 app, but with a slightly
> different key and the server panics this way, instead of re-asking
> for
> the consent. It's only a guess.
>
> Feel free to file a bug for the evolution-ews (
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/ ), to not have it
> forgotten, as it does worth to investigate further.
>
>         Bye,
>         Milan

The first application ID did work. Thanks for that.

I had set up an application but it never worked (that error I
mentioned). Could be the Evolution application uses EWS while I was
trying with IMAP specifically. Supposedly IMAP will be enabled under
oauth2, so when it is for my company, I'll see if the error goes away.
If not, might have to file a bug.

--
Adam (a...@csh.rit.edu)