On 22 Jun 2001 09:57:13 -0400, John Affleck wrote:
> A long time ago, I seem to remember that it was possible to use regex in
> any of the mail filter matching criteria (ie regex match on sender). Is
> this still possible ?

yep, this is still possible.

> Also, is there any plan to have slightly more complicated filters - if
> SENDER = joe and (SUBJECT = dinner or SUBJECT = lunch) for example. I'd
> be just as happy entering some XML or something if it's the GUI that's
> the problem..

Probably not, although from the UI you can select "Expression" and there
you can enter in a complicated expression. Using your example...

[Sender] [contains] [joe]
[Expression] [(or (header-contains "Subject" "dinner") (header-contains
"Subject" "lunch"))]

And just set it so that it will only match "if all rules match" will
give you the exact equivalent of your desired expression.

Jeff