I am very interested about that bug (I didn't know about it and I am
kicking myself for not trying it), as my installations all use NFS to
access their home directory.

This is utterly important to fix. Do you know under which bug # this is
register under ? Also does it affect only mailboxes (folders) or all
aspect of Evolution ? As Evolution is mostly a single user program,
could we disable locking on that particular share ? Have you try this ?

Waiting anxiously for more info. In the meantime, I am going to try it
over NFS.

Thanks

Pascal