* C. Michael McCallum ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [010928 22:34]:

> Some permissions must be wrong somewhere, but I don't know where to look.
>
> control-center-1.5.7, control-center-plus-1.5.5

I'm replying to my own message, because I've fixed it (after fighting all
day).  The short answer is using my old ~/.gnome files was messing things
up, and I created a new user for myself and transferred over the files.

Much harder than it sounds, especially with 50 or so init (.) files!

Cheers,

Mike