I've been keeping track pretty closely with Cooker (now 8.1) and the
Evolution snapshots (RedHat 7.0).  I haven't had any problems except
with libgtkhmtl15 dependencies.  I have all Mandrake stuff except for
what comes in the daily snapshots.  Caution: Fredric doesn't seem to
think it is a good idea (or didn't a few weeks ago), but everything has
been fine in my experience.

If you want a list of particular packages, let me know

Mark

On Mon, 2001-10-01 at 10:15, Mike Leone wrote:
> Hi. I upgraded from Mandrake 7.2 to Mandrake 8.1 over the weekend. While I
> realize there's no Red carpet channel yet, since Mdk 8.1 was only released
> last week, I'd like to continue using the latest Evo snapshots.
>
> Will the RedHat 7.1 snaps work on Mdk 8.1? Anyone doing this? Any prequistes
> I'd need, to go from the Evo 0.13 that comes with Mdk 8.1, to the latest
> snapshots? With RC not working, I'd have to manually FTP them off Ximian's
> site.

Mark Logan
Project Manager BioInformatics
Visible Genetics Inc.