A Catastrophe!

I can't get the mail folders on screen. When I click on Inbox, Outbox etc. the
markation always jumps back to summary! The mailbox entry in the shortcut doesn't even
show an icon (but the label is there). The contacts icon is visible but the entry does
not work too. When looking into the menu folder "new" I can only select one of

  - Appointment
  - Contact
  - Contact List
  - Task

but only Appointment and Task work!

The menubar does not help me any further because it always only presents the active
part of evolution (that can't be mailbox in my case because I can't make this part
active) - I really hate those dynamic menues, bahh, you only end in trouble! There is
no reason why you not at least offer the rest of the options in subfolders (like
netscape did with its task-folder)

I considered evolution 0.15 as alpha but now you fell back to pre-alpha!

Please help, and please analyse smaller mail clients like balsa and sylpheed because
your overblown, fat, and coloured evolution does not even have the most normal
configuration or formatting options that are more important than weather forecast.
Sorry, but I am not impressed. My older mails are still in the evolution directory but
I can't reach them except via a text editor. I use Sylpheed now again and still think
that it is a better email client than evolution will ever be (because of your
enterprise attitutes that make you blind for standard comfort and functionality).

So I wait for the day when evolution works again and I have to switch back. For a
luck, Sylpheed is clever enough when exporting emails because evolution is too stupid
when importing!

Greetings

Dennis

(I use linux 2.4.13, glibc 2.4.4, gcc 2.95.3, gnome 1.4 (all freshest), and no
sendmail (thus no bug-buddy))