I've dealt with quite a few SMTP server issues.  If you have no trouble
sending to other SMTP servers, try manually sending an email, note:  it is
key that you type line 2 exactly as is.  Some servers try to perform DNS
resolution on the privided hostname, I have found that this is the problem
75% of the time, when OTHER smtp servers work.

220 smtp.anobi-asp.com ESMTP
HELO blahblah
250 smtp.anobi-asp.com
MAIL FROM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]