These are all bugs in the window-manager that you are using.

On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 11:26, Manuel Streuhofer wrote:
> hi list.
>
> i'm using evo under kde. because of that i can't say the
> windowmanager should save the windowposition and size for
> the next use.
>
> the "problem" is, that whenever i click for new mail the
> composerwindow opens but is very small. i must maximize
> it to work with it. thats not really a problem but its
> not funny.
>
> also the window for the status while waiting for connecting,
> and receiving new mail always opens in the top left corner.
> it would be more "beautifully" if it opens centered to the
> screen. :)

when we create the window, we tell it to center the window...but
apparently your window-manager does not respect our request. (I think
Sawfish has the same bug..?)

> perhaps evo can open the window with a size that fullfills
> the standard requirements of a normal user... and tries to
> center the window. perhaps just optional...

We do... or at least I think the default size is pretty reasonable.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.