on 3/12/01 8:58 AM, Fabian Moerchen at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> as far as my little knowledge of the evo internals goes evolution-mail
> is just a subprogram being called from the evolution shell. what you
> described is not supposed to work. try calling "evolution".

Actually, it does - sort of. The full diagnostic procedure is something
like:

Open a terminal
Run 'killev'
Run 'evolution-mail'
Run 'evolution'

At this point, the evolution-mail component will now be dumping all sorts of
(possibly) interesting information to the terminal you started it from,
instead of sending it all to the bit bucket.

The last step - actually running Evolution - is the most important. :)

Mike.