On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 11:39, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> le mer 12-12-2001 à 12:19, Mark Nelson a écrit :
> > On Wed, 2001-12-12 at 10:17, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > > Way better: have rules to set the sender while you type-in adresses To:
> > > and Cc: addresses ...
> > How would that be easier as you would have to define rules for every e-mail
> > address that you might send mail to from that folder, if you set the From:
> > field depending upon folder, you have the logical model my current folder is x
> > therefore my current From: address is y.  We are just introducing the concept
> > of a default E-Mail address and PGP signature per folder. From a user point of
> > view it's simpler to understand and should be easier to set up.
>
> Then let the default rule be "when replying from folder X, use identity
> Y", and have more complex rules for people that want them.
> Personnally, I'd like some rules of the kind:
>
> - when from mailing-list X, use identity Y
> - when recipient is one of X1, X2..., use identity Y
> - when original mail has header X, use identity Y
> and of course,
> - when replying from (v)folder X, use identity Y
>
> and even more useful, be able to replace tha action 'use identity Y' by:
> - sign mail
> - encrypt mail
> - set format to plaintext/HTML
> - set priority/urgency
> - reply to list/all/sender
> - (B)Cc: Y1, Y2...

Ok see what you mean, however I think we could get the best of both worlds
if you has an easy way to set up the initial if in folder x then use identity x
and pgp signature z rule so that users who don't want to get involved in rules
for what ever reason. Ok who to you submit new feature requests to ? and how
hard do you think it would be to implement this feature ?

Mark.

> my favorite feature would be a language parser to have:
> - if I'm replying to a troll or a flame, keep the mail in the outbox
> until tomorrow, in case I calm down and change my mind.
>
>       Xav

Mark Nelson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile : +44 788 195 1720
This mail is for the addressee only

Linux is like a Vorlon.  It is incredibly powerful,
gives terse, cryptic answers and has a lot of things
going on in the background.