Hi,

I discovered the same issue last week and got quick help from the Ximiam
team :-). You can get an libiconv RPM package from
http://primates.ximian.com/~thunder/pkg-out/suse-72-i386/. After
installing the package (only temprorary till the dependency is removed),
you can upgrade to Evolution 1.0.1. This eMail is written with Evo 1.0.1
on a SuSE 7.2 system.

Best regards,
Uwe Stieber

> I'am using SuSE 7.2 with KDE (will switch back to Gnome soon) and
> Evolution 1.0. It's not possible to change to the new version of E,
> because there is libiconv.so.2 missing.
>
>  Red-Carpet output:
>  Package gtkhtml needs package libiconv.so.2 which cannot be found.
>  Package libgtkhtml20 needs package libiconv.so.2 which cannot be found.
>  Package evolution needs package libiconv.so.2 which cannot be found.
>  Package libgal19 needs package libiconv.so.2 which cannot be found.
>
> There were one or two questions about this issue in the last days, but
> none was answered (or did I miss the answers?). Is there already any
> solution? Any hints?
>
> Stefan

Dipl. - Inform. (FH) Uwe Stieber      Senior Customer Support Engineer
     Technical & Customer Support         [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Wind River Systems GmbH                       http://www.windriver.com
Jakob-Haringer-Strasse 8
5020 Salzburg                                 tel: +43 662 457915 0
AUSTRIA                                       fax: +43 662 457915 6

mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]       PGP Key available on request !

       SNiFF+  http://www.windriver.com/products/html/sniff.html