On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 12:31, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> Uh, I'm pretty sure you are wrong about what evolution is doing in this
> case. Evolution *always* converts to CRLF before feeding it to pgp. How
> did you go about tracking this down?
>
> Are you just comparing what is in the mbox? because the mbox is stored
> without the CR's (mbox files are not supposed to have CR's).

I looked at the raw file (stored in Maildir format,
not mbox format) before Evolution or my imap daemon
touched the message. Some (but not all) of the lines

I then read the message with Evolution and did a
"save as" to save the text. This had only <lf>
terminators.

I had the same person send me another message
without any <cr><lf> terminators, and it verified
fine.

The message was signed by Mutt on Linux (with
a DOS .signature file included, which is where
the ^Ms come from).

Public key at http://www.jriver.com/~gateley