On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 16:18, E. Joshua Rigler wrote:
> I'm going to post this question again, and hope that I can state the
> problem a little more clearly.  For context, I use Evo 1.0.2, with a
> non-secure IMAP server, on a RH-7.1 system with fully updated packages
> from both RedHat and Ximian:
>
> I occasionally get html emails that I actually want...not often...but a
> man has to have his daily Calvin and Hobbes!  Evo has no problem reading
> the html source code from my server, the problem is that often the
> message's img/src site is either slow, or simply unresponsive.
>
> I'd be perfectly happy to just move on to the next message in my INBOX,
> but Evolution won't let me because it seems to be waiting for
> something.  In other words the "Loading message content (...)" appears,
> and stays, in the status bar at the bottom of the Evo window, even when
> I try to move on to the next message.  I was once told (on this list)
> that the "Cancel current mail operation" button was supposed to cancel
> html request via GTKhtml as well, but I am pretty sure that was bad
> advice.  GTKhtml should have some sort of reasonable timeout, or a means
> by which Evo can tell it to cancel request/operation when it is ready to
> move to a different message.
>
> I haven't found any mention of this in Bugzilla (and it seems like a
> potentially common problem), so I wonder if it's just my system, or Evo
> configuration.  I'd appreciate it if someone knowledgeable would at
> least tell me if this is something worth reporting on Ximian's Bugzilla,

Yes, please put it in bugzilla.

I have seen similar behavior when trying to load images in an HTML mail
when our firewall was down.

I too expected the "X" button to stop it.

Regards,
--
Mike Leckey, Jr.        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        602.231.1685
Honeywell Engines & Systems                             Phoenix, AZ