On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 12:06, Peter Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 14:33, Patrick J. Doland wrote:
> > Howdy-
> >
> > Does anyone have an relatively effective set of filter rules to reduce
> > spam with Evolution?
>
> The fad with the kids is to use SpamAssassin, it's supposed to be very
> effective. You can't really hook it up into Evolution unless you're
> using 1.1 and feeling a bit adventurous, but if that's not a problem,
> I'd recommend it (though not having used it myself.)

To extend that answer a bit:

I run fetchmail to get my email from various and sundry places to my
local box; I have a ~/.procmailrc to engage SpamAssassin in checking
each mail as fetchmail gets it. I have those marked as spam into a Spam
mbox; I comb it thru once every day or so for titles or senders which
may have been false positives.

It's a happy thing.

--j
--
Jim Meyer, Geek At Large                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]